AN INTRODUCTION TO ATOLLVIC
Atollvic was founded in 2006 and is the superyacht construction and refit division of the 48-year old Spanish Vicalsa Group of companies; one of Europe’s leading marine, aviation and military engineering organizations. Experts in custom sail and motor yachts in steel or aluminium, Atollvic is dedicated to the construction, refit and repair of luxury yachts up to 75 meters.
Where is Atollvic located?
Atollvic is conveniently situated on the stunning Ría de Vigo, in the northwest of Spain. The area has been one of Europe’s great commercial shipbuilding centres for centuries. The skills and craftsmanship available locally are of a level that only generations of accumulated experience can provide
What advantages does Atollvic’s location have for superyacht owners based within the Mediterranean?
For superyachts based in the Mediterranean, the area is ideally located for warranty works and refits – without the need for lengthy trips to Channel or Baltic ports.
What is the company’s experience in yacht building?
Atollvic offers expertise and experience. Atollvic’s technical team has far more experience in building boats, of all sizes, than any other yard in the region, even though it’s relatively still a new company. Atollvic and the Vicalsa Group are recognised as providing vessels of the highest quality in the area, and still have clients who first came to its doors 48 years ago.
What advantages does Atollvic offer over its competitors?
Atollvic offers the reassurance of being part of a prestigious group of engineering companies, in common ownership, steadily providing goods and services to a wide variety of stable, blue-chip clients, including aviation companies and various government clients.
- Steel Shaping – the Vicalsa Group has one of the most advanced steel cutting and bending workshops in Spain, including machinery equipped with laser technology
- Welding – capability to complete the most difficult welding
- Laser Tracking – Atollvic is the only yacht yard in Spain to have laser tracking equipment for dimensional inspection and shaft alignment
- Additive Manufacturing: Through Lupeon Additive Manufacturing we can optimize and print new parts in any kind of metallic or plastic material within hours.
- Workshop – We have the largest mechanical workshop in the area, and some of the machinery is unique to Galicia.
Yard / Refit facilities – What is the attraction for a yacht owner?
The Atollvic Yard has two sheds and a slipway; one accommodating boats up to 55 metres in length and a height of 20m, and the other accommodating boats up to 50 metres and a height of 8 metres.
Why should I bring my yacht to Atollvic Shipyard?
The Atollvic team has the skills and experience to provide services from hull extensions to interior refurbishments to engine changes. Its Technical Office studies each yacht and each project individually in order to find the most reliable solution. Atollvic also has naval architects, stylists and interior designers on hand.